Hankow-Canton Railway Building [????-????]
Submitted by David on Thu, 2011-11-10 18:13
Demolished / No longer exists
The building is mentioned in Pauline's Post:
[...] the Hankow-Canton Railway Building on Middle Road just off Nathan Road.
and in these comments:
It was built originally as an hotel, was at some stage taken over by the army and used as some sort of headquarters, and eventually housed the Resettlement Department in the 1970s.
Building Used as Headquarters of the Royal Artillery in 1957
Mention is made here in 1957 of the proposed construction of the Ambassador Hotel and Far East Mansion adjacent to the site of the headquarters of the Royal Artillery.