(3) Wessex XT605 over Murray Building
Submitted by JerkJi
Date picture taken (may be approximate):
Sunday, May 14, 1972
- (3) Wessex XT605 over Murray Building shows Place Hilton Hotel [1963-1995]
- (3) Wessex XT605 over Murray Building shows Place Murray Building (not Murray House which is now in Stanley) [1968- ]
- (3) Wessex XT605 over Murray Building shows Place Garden Road Multi-Storey Car Park [1963-1996]
- (3) Wessex XT605 over Murray Building shows Place St. John's Building (1st Generation) [1965-c.1981]
Murray Rd carpark?
Not sure the Murray Rd carpark should've been added as a place here. It would be off camera to the right. Perhaps someone was confused about the carpark behind the Hilton (was it the hotel carpark?)
Thanks Phil, I think I might be the culprit for this one. I've corrected it.
thanks, I'm also curious about the white building in the center of the open carpark. Does anyone know what it was? (got a thing for carparks at the moment...)
Re: White Building
Hi Phil - mention is made here of the white building. Cannot read the signage in the referenced link.
many thanks Moddsey.
The white 2 story building
The white 2 story building with a pitched roof was, I believe, the Govt. Archives office.