Marble Hall / Admiralty House [1904-1953]
Built as Sir Paul Chater's residence. Later it became the residence of the Naval Commander-in-Chief of the China Squadron, and was known as "Admiralty House".
It was damaged by fire in the 1940s, shortly after the end of the war. "It apparently stood derelict until demolition commenced in November 1953 and a block of government flats was erected."