Former Central Government Office Stables/PWD [1850-1969]
probably demolished late 1960s to make way for a bus stop layby. Not sure of the construction date but probably at the same time as the first govt offices in the early 1850s. The stables were converted into offices for the Public Works Department in 1909 with an extra story added.
The govt-funded study in the Central Government Offices suggested the site might be useful for an archaeological dig, and has an aerial photo of them from 1963