Hoover Theatre [1954-1981]
Submitted by Admin on Fri, 2009-02-27 15:12
Demolished / No longer exists
Date Place completed:
Date Place demolished:
This building stood on the junction of Yee Wo Street and Pennington Street.
Dates from Raymond Lo via Cinema Treasures:
- 1954: Opened to business on 6th May
- 1981: Closed on 1st October.
Before the outbreak of war in
Before the outbreak of war in 1941, the site of the former Hoover Theatre was an amusement park. The name of the amusement park as translated from its Chinese name "東區遊樂場" was the Eastern District Amusement Park.
Hoover Theatre / 豪華戲院
Its Chinese name is 豪華戲院
Eastern District Amusement Park
The Eastern District Amusement Park can be viewed here