Taikoo Terrace [c.1890-c.1939]
Built on the hill behind the Taikoo Sugar Refinery as European Staff Quarters. The two-storey building appears first on this photo from 1895 (labeled: New bungalow, club (left) and servants' quarters). It was named (later?) Taikoo Terrace mentioned in the PWR for 1923 (item 120a) and here.
The construction date was estimated to be 1890. The building was demolished at the end of th 1930s, it's gone on a photo from 1940. It was replaced by a new house, this was demolished in 1970s when the whole area was rebuilt (the hill was flattened).
Photos that show this place